Friday, August 10, 2007

Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog. For me, food frequently produces euphoria -- hence the name.

Although I'm reasonably slim and trim, I have always had a love affair with food. I spend a lot of time thinking about great meals I've eaten at a restaurant, dishes I've made at home, or food I've had at other people's homes. And I suppose that's why I've started this blog -- as a repository for the random thoughts I have about those experiences.

Like millions of other Americans, I have been diagnosed with reflux. In spite of that and although the meds I'm on only mitigate the problem, I still adhere to the view expressed by Mark Twain when he wrote, "Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside."

For me, that "fight" is usually nothing more than a minor squabble.

No comments: