Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Butterscotch Ideas

I've had a butterscotch pudding recipe on the desk of my den for a few weeks, telling myself that at some point I'd try to make it. It doesn't look that tough to prepare.

But my ears perked up when I was flipping through TV channels yesterday, stopped at cable's TV Land and heard Aunt Bea talking on an episode of "The Andy Griffith Show" about making a pecan butterscotch pie.

I'd never heard of such a pie so I started surfing the web to see if I could find some recipes for pecan butterscotch pie.

I found several versions. This recipe from VeryBestBaking.com looks pretty simple; it uses those butterscotch morsels that are often used for cookies. This one from RecipeZaar gets there without using butterscotch morsels. I also found this recipe from CDKitchen.com, which uses an extra egg than most of the recipes I found. The extra egg probably would give this more of a custard-like texture. I'm going to make something butterscotch very soon.