Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Anticipating Dinner

I am treating my significant-other to dinner this evening at Alain Ducasse's Adour at the St. Regis Hotel here in Washington, D.C. I'm looking forward to what should be a gastronomic tour de force.

I'll share observations about the dinner in a post tomorrow.

But I have one quick comment about the website -- where's the wine list? Adour has a paragraph about how its wine list is

a hand-picked seasonal selection of over 400 wines, showcasing a variety from main wine producing regions around the world, tailored to the seasonal mood
and menu.
Blah, blah, blah. Glad you're so impressed with your wine cellar, but it sure would be nice for your diners to know what's actually in your cellar. Adour should at least provide a wine list on its site just as most other high-end restaurants do. 'Nuff said.

No comments: