Monday, December 22, 2008

Dining at the Clinton Library

I was in Little Rock, Ark., this past week visiting members of my family, and I happened to eat lunch at the restaurant in the Clinton Presidential Library. The restaurant is appropriately named Forty-Two.

The restaurant looks out over the Arkansas River and also has a view of an old railway bridge that traverses the river. The menu is somewhat eclectic, sporting entrees such as fried catfish and a variety of salads.

My Thai chicken salad had an excellent vinagrette, but it featured only a few tiny pieces of chicken. The rice noodles could have been wonderful, but they were undercooked -- enough so that I seriously considered asking our server to take it back to the kitchen.

My companion's entree was so-so. (That was both her opinion and mine.)

This did not inspire us to eat dessert, but it's a good thing we decided to take a chance on it because the dessert that we split was superb. We ordered the green apple crumble with cinnamon ice cream. The texture of the apple crumble was very similar to a bread pudding. Extremely moist.

For what it's worth, here's another review of Forty-Two.

No comments: