Friday, February 20, 2009

My Latest Craving


It happens to be rice pudding. Why? Good question. It isn't my favorite dessert by a long shot, but I had a good rice pudding a few months ago, and I am determined to try to replicate it at home.

I've been searching for recipes online, and they basically look like the same recipe -- not much variation between them. The only really funky recipe is found is this one from Alton Brown for what he's calling "Indian Rice Pudding." The recipe uses basmati rice, cardamom and coconut milk.

I love the adage that precedes the recipe at Simply Recipes:

Rice pudding is how God intended us to eat rice.

That works for me.

My business travel has been so crazy lately that I honestly can't say when I'm gonna have much time to do any cooking at my kitchen back home.

No comments: