Friday, February 6, 2009

Review: Sesto Senso

Last night, I met a friend for dinner at Sesto Senso, a moderately expensive Italian restaurant in downtown Washington, D.C.

My food was excellent, although all I had (other than a few slices of focaccia bread) was the shrimp and asparagus risotto. Quite yummy. They had two other risotto dishes on their menu. My friend really enjoyed her ravioli with veal.

I have had chicken paillard before at Sesto Senso, and it is very good.

Sesto Senso had a guy playing "cover songs" on guitar. It was pleasant. We could enjoy the music, but still hear each other without either one of us having to raise our voice.

There were only two minor negatives. Service was a little slow. And they were out of the first two bottles of red wine I ordered. If their list offered dozens and dozens of red wines, that would have been no big deal, but they only had 15-20 reds by the bottle. No restaurant should be "out" of 10 to 15% of their list.

I would give you Sesto Senso's web URL, but their site is one of those over-the-top, clunky flash-infected websites that takes far too long to fully upload. So here's the restaurant's link on OpenTable.

No comments: