Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chicken Tagine

On Sunday evening, I made a chicken tagine using the ceramic tagine I bought recently from a kitchen store. I was pretty happy with it. If I had to give it a grade, it would be an A- or a B+.

I used this recipe from Epicurious.com, but I added 1/3 cup of dried plums (prunes), which added a nice flavor to the dish.

I used tupelo honey, which is mild yet has much more depth of flavor than orange blossom honey (which seems to get most of the shelf space in grocery stores). I didn't use fresh cilantro because I didn't have any on hand. If I made this recipe again, I would:
  • add an extra tablespoon of honey
  • reduce the amount of water to heat with the apricots and prunes to only 2/3 cup
  • use fresh cilantro

  • make some couscous to serve alongside the chicken -- it would soak up the wonderful juices that remain inside the tagine

No comments: