Monday, June 30, 2008

Restaurant Review: Proof

I had dinner late Friday night at Proof, a relatively new wine bar that's located in Washington, D.C.'s Chinatown-Arts District. From the bread to the food to the wine, everything was excellent. (Well, the service was just so-so.) I look forward to going back.

My fellow diner had the cheese board, which he raved about, especially the gouda. The cheese was accompanied by an artisanal honey and a spiced applesauce.

I had a few different items from Proof's charcuterie menu. The rabbit terrine was outstanding, and I don't know if I've ever had bresaola that was as succulent as this.

Desserts looked good too -- from one table away.

Overall, the decor was pretty nice, although the exposed brick (not historic and a bit out of place) on the walls was a strange choice.

No comments: