Sunday, February 24, 2008

Chicago's Trattoria No. 10

Last week was a serious blur as I was working long, long days in the Windy City. Chicago has plenty of good eateries, and I dined at one of them on Wednesday night: Trattoria No. 10. It's located right in the Loop so it's convenient for most tourists or business travelers.

Normally, I shy away from a restaurant that's located in a basement or below street-level space, but once you travel a long staircase down to the maitre'd desk at Trattoria No. 10, it doesn't have that "basement" feel to it. Nice decor and clever lighting are a big reason why.

I had a duck confit with farfalle, and a fellow diner had the ravioli with butternut squash and ricotta. Both were excellent.

I ordered a Vino Nobile di Montalcino that was superb. It was around $50 for the bottle.

No comments: