Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Meet Foodie NYC

Last night, I stumbled onto Foodie NYC, a blog written by Joe DeSalazar, an advertising executive who knows his food. He has worked in the kitchens of Cafe Boulud and Eleven Madison Park (a fantastic space with fantastic food).

DeSalazar's recipe for toasted garlic-shrimp tacos sounds really good. I'll have to try it sometime.

Most of all, I like the fact that Foodie NYC minces garlic, not words. He (correctly) savaged a recipe he found for Chicken Scaloppini:
I'm sorry, but this has to be the worst technically sound recipe I have seen in my life. She suggests that you should buy thinly sliced chicken breasts and braise them with a bouillon cube, Campbell's cream of asparagus soup, and frozen vegetables for 4 HOURS!!!

Not only does this combination sound horrendous to me, the technique for braising is unbelievably wrong. One does not braise skinless, boneless chicken breasts for four hours! Ever.
Good God, bouillon cubes? They still make them?

No comments: