Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Crabcakes at G&M Restaurant

On Friday night, I met a friend from West Virginia for dinner. He happened to be in the Baltimore area. So I suggested we go to G&M Restaurant in Linthicum Heights, Md.

G&M is known for its crabcakes. Some people swear they're the best in all of Maryland. I had been to G&M a few times before, but it had been a year and a half since I had eaten there last.

G&M has upgraded its look since I last ate there. A renovation has extended the space considerably and created a section dedicated to carry-out orders. Dark-wood mouldings and trim have been placed around doorways. The prices have risen a little. Would the crabcakes be as good as I remembered them?

The answer was yes -- wonderful lump crabmeat. The soups are excellent at G&M too. Yet the salads they serve there are just okay. I have a pet peeve: why serve tomatoes with salad in mid-January when tomatoes are the variety that gets picked too early and shipped halfway across the country? But maybe that's just me.
The desserts looked good, but I didn't order one.

Anyway, it was a very pleasant evening -- good food and good company.

No comments: