Thursday, January 7, 2010

Suffering Egg Nog Withdrawal

The holiday season is over, and I'm in withdrawal. The reason? No excuse to drink egg nog. I was at the local grocery store tonight, and for several seconds tonight, I stared through the glass refrigerator case at the few remaining cartons of egg nog.

It was very tempting to buy one more quart of egg nog, bring it home, pour some in a glass, add a shot of bourbon or brandy, and get out my nutmeg grinder for the finishing touch.

But I didn't buy another quart. Even though I love the stuff. If egg nog were readily available year-round, I would be carrying an extra 10-15 pounds on my frame right now.

* * * * * * * * * * *

If you're interested in learning the history of egg nog and how this marvelous beverage has evolved through the years, click here. This article includes a recipe for making your own egg nog.

No comments: