Thursday, November 27, 2008

An Interesting Twist on Cherry Pie

I am spending Thanksgiving at a rented home with my in-law's family on the edge of Deep Creek Lake, Md. My assignment for Thanksgiving dinner was to make four pies for dessert. (There are 10 adults and 5 children among us.)

I finished making the four pies last night. Two of them are pumpkin. For the sake of variety, I also made one apple and one cherry. If my fellow diners were as adventurous as me, I would have been tempted to add a twist to my cherry pie recipe by borrowing from this recipe I uncovered recently from the N.Y. Daily News.

I love pistachios, and the use of these nuts in the crumble topping sounds absolutely wonderful.

By the way, the photo above is of the Daily News recipe.

1 comment:

Olga said...

I would have been more than happy to eat the cherry pie with the twist :)
Pistachios are some of my favorite nuts!