Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bravo to Bistro Lepic

Either upstairs (the younger, hipper feel of its "wine bar") or downstairs (white tablecloth dining), Bistro Lepic in upper Georgetown/Glover Park is a winner.

Last night was my first visit to Bistro Lepic in over six months. Once again, I had a solid meal. It began with a smoked salmon-spinach terrine with a caviar sauce with frisee salad. It sounds heavy, but it was light and flavorful. Next course was grilled trout with lemon-butter. Beautifully fileted and melt-in-your-mouth tender. Two glasses of an Alsatian Pinot Blanc accompanied these courses.

I was too full for an entire dessert so I decided to take my dessert in a glass: a Monbazillac. It was a sublime conclusion.

Bistro Lepic has an excellent selection of wines by the glass, and they are reasonably priced.

No comments: