Best of all, it's very simple. Here's what we did.
We bought 5 lbs. of chicken with both skin and bone -- a mixture of breasts, thighs and drumsticks. We salted and peppered them a little, and then we fired up the gas grill.
Below is the recipe I used to make the Orange Barbecue sauce:
- An entire 18 oz. bottle of KC Masterpiece Honey Smoke Barbecue Sauce
- 4 oz. of frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed and not diluted)*
- Zest of one navel orange
- 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice, squeezed from the navel orange
- 3 tablespoons of molasses
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well integrated. Pour 2 cups of the Orange Barbecue Sauce in a separate, smaller bowl and set aside. (This will be used at the table by those who want to add more sauce to their chicken.)
2. Start the grill and then add the pieces of chicken, starting with the breasts (which will take longer to cook). Brush the surface of all chicken pieces with the Orange Barbecue Sauce.
3. Once you flip the chicken pieces, brush the other sides with sauce. Consult a grilling guide for details on cooking time.
4. Serve chicken with the reserved bowl of Orange Barbecue Sauce.